Citristrip Paint Stripper*
Paint and Varnish Stripping Gel
The powerful all-purpose biodegradable stripper that's safer and easy to use
What is it?
Citristrip is a stripping gel that effectively removes paint and varnish from wood, metal, and masonry. Its unique patented formula is safer and strips most paints and acrylics, polyurethanes, epoxies and varnishes. Test a small area first for compatability as the stripper may affect plastics, rubber, synthetic fibres or asphalt.
Citristip is so thick it sticks to vertical surfaces, and the orange colour makes it stand out from the surface so you know where you have applied it.
Does it give off harsh fumes?
There are no unpleasant, harsh and offensive fumes. Most strippers contain chemicals that give off harsh fumes, requiring you to work outdoors. Citristrip's safer non methylene chloride formula and pleasant orange scent allows you to use it both indoors and outdoors. Citristrip contains a strong bittering agent to prevent accidental swallowing.
Is it easy to use?
Stripping is made easy. Other strippers evaporate or harden after a short period of time, requiring you to work in small sections. Citristrip stays wet for up to 24 hours, so you can cover and strip an entire surface in one application.
It penetrates and removes multiple layers in 30 minutes.
Allow Citristrip 20 to 30 minutes to get to work and penetrate the project surface. If the coat hasn't completely lifted, give it more time for easy, one application removal. Once lifted use a scraper to remove the old finish (on wood surfaces be sure to scrape in the direction of the grain). If many layers are present, a thicker first coat or possibly a second coat may be needed for complete removal.
Once the coating is removed simply wipe the surface clean with a rag containing Citristrip Paint Wash Remover. For difficult to remove residue in corners and hard to get places, like those found on furniture, scrub with a scourer soaked with the Paint Remover Wash. To finish up you simply wipe the surface with a clean cloth, and allow to dry completely before refinishing, (approximately 24 hours).
Directions for use
1. Shake well and pour into metal container.
2. Brush a thick coat onto the surface.
3. Allow to penetrate for 20-30 minutes or longer. Citristrip stays active up to 24 hours.
4. When coating has lifted remove with scraper.
5. Wipe surface clean with Citristrip Paint Remover Wash from the Flood Company.
6. TIP: A scrubing pad with Paint Remover Wash will remove paint residue from corners and hard to get places. Outdoors Citristrip treated areas can be cleaned with water.
7. Wipe with clean cloth and allow to dry completely before painting.
NOTE: On surfaces with many layers, a thicker coat or a second application may be required.
* Citristrip is distributed under license from WM Barr and Co Inc, U.S.A